Become a Firefighter
We are not accepting applications at this time.
- Applicant must be at least eighteen (18) years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid CT Driver's License
- Fire Academy Recruit Class, or presently employed full-time by a career fire department with a minimum of two (2) years of continuous service with that department at the time of a conditional job offer.
- Firefighter I, II and HazMat - Awareness and Operational
- State of Connecticut or NREMT Basic Certification
- Valid CPAT Certification obtained within the past two (2) years.
Wages & Benefits
- Union Contract/IAFF Local 3918
- Starting salary: $46,234.05
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Paid sick and personal days
- 24/72 Work Schedule
- Anthem Platinum PPO Health Insurance
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield Flex Dental Plan
- 401 Defined Contribution Retirement
- Social Security
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
How to Apply
State of Connecticut Firefighter Testing Consortium
Multiple fire departments in the state of Connecticut are seeking applicants for the position of firefighter. These departments will be testing as a consortium and one application will grant you the ability to apply to all departments.