Become a Firefighter
Are you interested in becoming a firefighter with the South Fire District? We are accepting applications!
- Applicant must be at least eighteen (18) years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid CT Driver's License
- Fire Academy Recruit Class, or presently employed full-time by a career fire department with a minimum of two (2) years of continuous service with that department at the time of a conditional job offer.
- State of Connecticut or NREMT Basic Certification
- Valid CPAT Certification obtained within the past two (2) years.
Wages & Benefits
- Starting salary: $46,234.05
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Paid sick and personal days
- Anthem Platinum PPO Health Insurance
- 401 Defined Contribution Retirement
- Social Security
How to Apply
State of Connecticut Firefighter Testing Consortium
Multiple fire departments in the state of Connecticut are seeking applicants for the position of firefighter. These departments will be testing as a consortium and one application will grant you the ability to apply to all departments.